I successfully upgraded PHP and still have my wordpress site working! I hadn’t touched a PHP upgrade since I setup my server a while ago. I thought this was going to be a disaster, but it wasn’t too bad. I discovered my spam blocker ad was no longer supported which created errors the first night I tried to jump to PHP 7.X. To figure this out, I deactivated all plugins and changed to a basic theme. Then I upgraded to PHP 7.X and individually turned on each plugin and restored the theme. When I hit the spam blocker plugin it was clear this was the problem from the first night. Next up trying to upgrade Apache….