In a fortunate sighting on Craigslist, and a very understanding wife, I was able to get some “new to me” equipment for very very cheap to allow me to do all grain brewing for up to 10G batches. The stuff could use some cleaning, but I got:
- 24G stainless steel kettle with thermometer, sight tube, valve, and bazooka screen.
- 16G stainless steel kettle with thermometer and valve.
- 2 propane burners.
- 6.5G glass carboy with top, thermometer tube, and 3 piece airlock.
- 2000mL Erlenmeyer flask with stopper
- homemade stir plate (no stir bar)
I had this great plan on how to do incremental upgrades from 5G extract brewing to 5G all grain brewing then to 10G all grain brewing, but this purchase basically jumps me right up to being able to do all grain brewing now! I’m still going to do a couple of 5G batches to start so that I can figure out how to all grain brew and to understand my equipment a bit more, but stepping up to 10G batches will mean that I have/need/get to brew less and will have to do more fun things with Lisa and Chase.