Well shortly after posting about how I got my router loaded with DD-WRT and had all my USB drives working I discovered that my USB drives were no longer working.
After poking around a bit I found there were errors generated when the automount script was executing. In particular I was seeing:
root@BLT_ROUTER:/opt/etc# service automount status cannot touch `/opt/etc/nomount': Input/output error S35automount: Create /opt/etc/automount cannot touch `/opt/etc/automount': Input/output error I can not write /opt/etc/automount, abort
When I went to the directory I saw the following (most files removed to keep the list short)
root@BLT_ROUTER:/tmp# ls -al /opt/etc total 1608 drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 Dec 12 18:20 . drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 4096 Nov 15 08:15 .. drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 5 2011 asterisk ?????????? ? ? ? ? ? automount ... ?????????? ? ? ? ? ? nomount -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 35782 May 5 2011 nzbget.conf -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 104 May 5 2011 p910nd drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Feb 23 2012 php.d
A quick search found this forum post where it was suggested to Stop automount (service automount stop) and then delete the two files.
This worked to delete the files, but when I rebooted the router only the /opt share came up. I messed around with this for quite a while and realized that something wasn’t right with the USB drives. So I disconnected them from the router and rebooted the router. Next I unplugged the USB drives power cord (where I noticed that one of the drives was unplugged, probably from when I was adding setting up my media server). After a short while I plugged in the drives power cord and the USB cable back into the router.
After another reboot the automount script came up correctly, however it lost my custom mounting assignments. So I edited the /opt/etc/automount file in the same manner that I posted earlier. Next I did restarted the automount and samba services
service automount stop service automount start service samba stop service samba start
Finally, I’m backup and running.